“The night is young: there’s plenty of future, talent and style”: here are the winners of the third edition of ISKO I-SKOOL™ Denim Design Award
“The night is young: there’s plenty of future, talent and style”, a night full of bright stars, all united in the name of fashion. This was the winning formula of the finale of ISKO I-SKOOL™, the fashion talent contest conceived by ISKO™ and its style and design division CREATIVE ROOM™. The final catwalk that has closed this edition was held in the stunning Villa Corner della Regina, historical Palladian palace in Treviso (Italy), a choice that honors the key region of the Italian denim industry, Veneto.
The students involved in the Denim Design Award were asked to create denim outfits in one of three style moods:
- Renovated Denim Icon: starting from an in-depth study of the evolution of denim and a thorough analysis of indigo history, contestants created their own denim icon, a symbol of fashion that never goes out of style;
- Athleisure: the contest challenged students to create outfits in the mood of the latest fashion trend, a mix between elegance and sports that is changing the everyday approach to style, using the most iconic ISKO™ fabrics, from ISKO BLUEJYM™ to ISKO FUTURE FACE™, JEGGINGS™, ISKO XMEN’S™ and ISKO BLUE SKIN™;
- Jool: students had the unique occasion to experiment ISKO™’s ultimate creation, ISKO JOOL™, a new fabric that mixes denim and wool. Very versatile and particularly adaptable to haute couture, this fabric was an exciting challenge for participants.
The outfits realized by the students are a mix between Industry-Driven Denim and Styling Denim Pieces. Industry-Driven Denim were garments designed to be developed industrially, following the complete process from cutting, sewing, stitching, to laundry washing. Here, ISKO™ and CREATIVE ROOM™ had an educational role in showing students how industrialization works, leading tutors and students with practical support, especially during the Denim Seminar held in Castelfranco Veneto, Italy. Styling Denim Pieces are garments or accessories freely created by the students with ISKO™ fabrics. Handmade, custom pieces, artistic finishing, whatever they liked and were able to construct and complete the award ceremony look, they could use whatever development process they wanted to. The table was cleared for pure creativity. CREATIVE ROOM™ supported students also during their presentations in from of the jury.
Here are the winners of the Denim Design Award:
- Winner of the Renovated denim icons Award: Anna Biotti (IUAV), awarded by REPLAY;
- Winner of the Athleisure Award: Joona Rautiainen (Aalto), awarded by MAVI;
- Winner of the Jool Award: Ester Rigato (IUAV), awarded by haikure;
- Winner of the Avery Dennison RBIS Award: Farah Sherif Wali (Polimoda);
- Winner of the Swarovski Award: Ester Rigato (IUAV);
- Winner of the Vogue Talents Special Mention: Elena Trukhina (ESMOD Munich);
- Winner of the Best U.S.A. Designer Award: Danielle Thaxton (FIDM), awarded by Ralph Lauren;
- Winner of Special Prize: Yuka Yamada (BUNKA Fashion college);
Overall winner Denim Design Award: Ester Rigato (IUAV).